Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sesame Coated Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry

Few months ago I had this sudden urge to make some hummus and thus had bought this huge bag of sesame seeds... Yes, you guessed right.... I never got around to making it.... Few days ago I opened my cupboard and there it is, the bag of sesame seeds... sitting bored and wanting attention. I could definitely NOT ignore it, could I?? So, here it is... I finally saved them from boredom and added to this simple and yummy dish... I love chicken, I love broccoli, and adding the Sesame ?? The result was brilliant!

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
  • Chicken Breast - 2, cut into thin strips
  • Broccoli florets - 3 cups, steamed
  • Onion - 1 lrg, sliced lengthwise
  • Garlic cloves - 2-3, crushed
  • Chili powder - 1.5 tsp
  • Coriander powder - 1 tsp
  • Sesame Seeds - 3-4 tbsp
  • Salt & pepper - to taste
  • Olive oil
Method:
  • 1. Prepare the chicken by cleaning and cutting them. In a bowl mix in salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander powder and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Coat the chicken strips in the spice mixture and set aside to marinate for 1/2 hour.
  • 2. Heat you wok till smoking hot, add 2 tbsp of oil. Add the crushed garlic, saute to infuse the oil with the fragrance.
  • 3. Add the chicken strips, saute on high heat for about 4-5 min, till they are cooked through.
  • 4. Add the onions and the broccoli. Since the broccoli florets are already steamed, you only need 1-2 min to saute them, just enough for the onions to soften a bit.
  • 5. Add the sesame seeds, saute till they are a little toasted and your kitchen fills up with the nutty aroma. AND you are done. Serve with plain white rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment